Welcome to First Grade!
Welcome to First Grade!
- Welcome back! We hope you had a lovely spring break!
- I just wanted to say thank you so much for making my "birthday" so special! You are all so sweet!
- Third quarter report cards will be posted this Thursday.
- Our field trip to the Desert Botanical Gardens is Thursday the 28th. We're very excited for this great trip!
- Thank you for those of you who read the newsletter and volunteered to chaperone . I drew out of a hat as promised so we are all set. Thanks so much!
- **If your child has hot lunch for Thursday the 28th, please cancel for this day so that you can get a refund** EACH child will need to pack a lunch for our field trip to be eaten in the classroom when we return.
- We will be collecting toiletry items for Mom's Pantry beginning on Monday March 18th when we return from the break! Please bring in items such as shampoo, conditioner, lotion, shaving cream, soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste. Dignity and respect is restored to those in most need by helping them to feel good about personal hygiene. Please help us to help our neighborhood friends! Thank you and God Bless!
- We highly encourage spending some homework time each night practicing addition and subtraction facts. Students are moving from fact fluency with sums and differences of 20, as opposed to only 10. As we move into higher-level thinking math concepts, such as mental math, these concepts will be much more challenging if students don’t have a solid foundation in their math facts.
- Class Basket Information: The 2019 Spring Event is fast approaching. Each grade will be responsible for a basket to donate to the silent auction. 1st grade will be donating a "movie night" themed basket! Below are the items in need - please leave all donations in the basket in Mrs. Herreras classroom! We would like to have all items in by Tuesday, April 2! Thank you for your support - here's to making an awesome 1st grade basket!!! First Grade Room Moms
As part of our continued effort to protect our students, we strictly enforce the Diocese of Phoenix Safe Environment Policies and Procedures. We are so grateful for our very conscientious parents and the way they adhere to our requirements for volunteering and visiting campus.
Since several new families have joined us in January and there are quite a few special events coming up in the Spring that require Safe Environment Compliance, we are adding a Foundation Training here at school in March.
"Keeping the Promise Alive" will be presented on Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 5pm -7:30pm in our school library. Please go to the Diocese of Phoenix Safe Environment page and click on REGISTER FOR A CLASS. Scroll down to 3/19 and the entry for Saint John XXIII School. You may register at the far right of this line.
Thank you all for your help with keeping our children safe!!!!!!