News for the Week of March 12th
- The spelling and reading words test for lesson 20 will be tested this Friday the 16th.
- It's hard to believe we're already starting the 4th quarter! Where has the time gone? 3rd quarter report cards will be posted this Thursday.
- THIS FRIDAY is buck a green & white accessory day!
- Just a reminder that IXL is a great resource for extra math practice at home. Under the math curriculum for the week you can find the coordinating IXL skills. If you are unable to access your child's account please let me know and I can send you their login info.
- We highly encourage spending some homework time each night practicing addition and subtraction facts. Students have moved from fact fluency with sums and differences of 20, as opposed to only 10. As we move into higher-level thinking math concepts, such as mental math, these concepts will be much more challenging if students don’t have a solid foundation in their math facts.
- See below for some fun upcoming events!
This semester's principal for the Day, Will Larrabee, has decreed that this Friday, March 16th will be green and white accessory day. He would love if those participating would please donate at least $1.00 to Gigi's Playhouse, a charity close to his heart.
Shop at AmazonSmile for SJ
We have an exciting partnership between Amazon and St. John where a percentage of every purchase you make on Amazon will come back to Saint John XXIII. This is a super easy way to make money for St. John on items you already are shopping for! Click HERE for the special AmazonSmile website (or use this link:https://smile.amazon.com/ch/35-2351339 ). Once you click and approve the request to support Saint John XXIII , there is nothing else to do! (Except maybe share the link with your family and friends!!)
Dine Out, Make $$ for SJ!
Does your family like pizza? Interested in trying out a new restaurant in Scottsdale? Then join other St. John families on Tuesday, March 27th anytime between 3-8 p.m. at BLAZE PIZZA at the Promenade (Scottsdale & FLW). 20% of purchases made during this time will come back to St. John XXIII. Bring a hard copy of the flyer, show it on your phone, mention you are with St. John when you pay, and 20% of your purchase will be donated to the school. Bach2Rock will DJ to keep up the festive environment, so come on out after school, before practice, or whatever works for your family's schedule. Just come on out and support St. John!
SAVE THE DATE for Saturday, April 21st!!
When The Kids are Away, the Parents Will Play... at our Parent's Night Out, that is. Mark your calendars, hire a babysitter, put Uber on speed dial, and get a group of your St. John friends and come out to a fun night of live music, food trucks, cocktails and games in a relaxed setting. Be sure Saturday, April 21st from 6-10 [p.m. is marked in your calendar for the adult community event you have been asking for! Sign-up and detailed information to follow.
"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!" Matthew 25:21
Eternal rest, grant unto him, O Lord
and let perpetual light shine upon him.
May he rest in peace. Amen.
May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed,
through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
1B's Wonderful Class List (22 students)